Prepare Dashi stock with vinegar
1/2 cup Water
1 tsp HonDashi
1/4 tsp Mirin
1/2 tsp Kikkomann soy sauce
1 tsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tbsp White vinegar
- Boil the above and simmer at lower fire for about 5 mins.
- Leave dashi stock to cool.
1/2 tbsp Dried Wakame Seaweed
2 Japanese Cucumber
Some toasted white sesame seed
- Soak the dried wakame seaweed in cold water until soft. Rinse in hot water and put under running water for a while to retain colour. Drain and squeeze.
- Roughly peel cucumber skin. Slice very thinly.
- Grate the carrot very thinly.
- Sprinkle some salt on cucumber and carrot for 5 minutes and squeeze out excess water.
- Place carrot, cucumber and wakame in individual small serving bowl and pour some dashi stock on it.
- Put serving bowls in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- When serve, sprinkle some toasted white sesame seed on top.