- Whisk cold egg whites, egg yolks, cold water, sugar, SP, plain flour and baking powder at high speed till thick.
- Lastly add in melted butter and mix well.
- Use spatula to fold in almond powder.
- Separate batter into two portions. In one portion of the batter add 1/2 tbsp each chocolate emulco, chocolate paste and mocca paste or coffee oil and mix well.
- Then spoon in plain and chocolate batter in cake pan alternately until you finish them.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 165C for about 1 hour. (for this cake pan only)
440g Cold Egg Whites (Store in fridge before use)
3 Egg yolks
40g Cold water
315g Plain flour
1 1/4tsp Baking powder
1 tbsp SP or ovalette
250g Melted butter with 3/4 tsp vanilla powder
100g Almond powder
Kitchen note: Recipe from my Egg White Zebra Cake (click here)~for the method for making zebra cake~bake in a 9″ square cake tin (lined) at 170C for about 50-60 mins.