300g Soft butter
200g Cheddar cheese - grated
1/2 tsp Salt
160g Icing sugar
600g Plain flour
1 tsp Baking powder
- Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Beat soft butter, crisco, salt and grated cheddar cheese until light and white.
- Then add icing sugar and mix well and slowly add flour, mix mixtures to a soft dough.
- Divide dough into 3 portions, roll one dough at a time between 2 plastic sheets to a thickness about 3mm.
- Cut out the dough by using cookie cutter and use a small palette knife to lift up the cut-out soft dough and place on a baking tray lined with baking sheet.
- Lightly brush the dough with egg wash. (1 egg with 2 tsp water and 1-2 drop of egg yellow colouring)
- Sprinkle extra grated cheddar cheese on top if you prefer.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170C for about 15-18 mins or until golden brown.
- Leave cookies to cool on wire rack and store in airtight container.
Crisco shortening has 50% less saturated fat than butter and zero gram transfat per serving. It is great for baking - giving you higher-textured baked goods.
Received 3 Awards from my wonderful blogpals~Thank you very much! They are :
~~~~Chapot ~~~~ ~~~~~~~ Dolly ~~~~~~~~~ Lia Chen~~~~~~
These are the great blogs that all of you should check out.
I would like to pass them this Award in return.