I made this Longan Mousse Cake for YN's Birthday on the 7th Feb and also celebrates "My Blog First Anniversary" on the same day.
I completed 249 posts and 96318 visitors this past year which exceeded my own expectations. It's been such a great year and I got to know so many great bloggers who I consider to be friends. I'm really grateful to all of you who visit my blog. Its really means a lot to me...THANKS TO BLOGGERS!
2 Large cold eggs
30g Ice water
125g Optima flour
35g Corn oil or melted butter
1tsp Vanilla essence and few drops of rose pink colouring
- Put all ingredients in mixing bowl except corn oil and whisk till thick.
- Then slowly add in corn oil, mix well and pour into a 8" lined cake tin.
- Bake at preheated oven 180C for about 20 mins.
- Remove cake from tin, leave to cool and cut cake into 2 slices.
2 cans Longan in syrup~strain longan & keep syrup, cut 50g longan into small pieces
200g Longan syrup
100g Full cream milk
100g Whipping cream + 200g Fresh topping cream
1/2 tsp Almond essence (optional)
- Soak gelatine with 2 tbsp water.
- Boil 200g longan syrup and sugar together till sugar dissolved, add gelatine~stir well till boiled.
- Remove from heat and add milk & almond essence into it, mix well~leave to cool and put in fridge for about 5-8 minutes till longan mixture thickened a little.
- Whip up fresh cream and whipping cream together to soft peak and fold into longan mixture with a hand whisk. Add in 50g longan pieces.
- Sandwich the cake layers with longan mousse in an adjustable cake ring.
- Press whole longan gently on top of longan mousse.
- Chill the longan mousse cake for at least 4 hours or overnight.
200g Longan syrup + 80g water & a drop of rose pink colouring
30g Instant jelly
- Boil jelly topping ingredients together and let it cool down a little. Then slowly pour liquid on top of the logan mousse cake.