A soft sponge cake and chocolate ganache creamy texture of this Tiger Skin Swiss Roll you may like to try ~ Enjoy!
Prepare 2 pcs - 12 x 12"lined square tray.
Tiger Skin sponge
6 Egg yolks
1 Egg white
45g Self Raising Flour
50g Caster sugar or Icing sugar
1/2 tsp SP (cake stabilizer)
1/4 tsp Egg yellow coloring
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
20g Melted butter
- Use high speed to whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, egg yellow coloring and SP till pale and fluffy.
- Then use hand whisk to mix in self raising flour and lastly pour in melted butter.
- Pour batter into prepared tray and put at the center rack of the oven , bake at preheated oven at 200C for 10-12 mins.
- Remove sponge cake from tray immediately after baked and leave to cool.
3 Egg yolks
2 Egg whites
50g All purpose flour (Plain flour) - sifted
12g Corn flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp SP (cake stabilizer)
1 tbsp Ice water
30g Melted butter
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
2 tsp Chocolate paste
- Use high speed to whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and SP till pale and fluffy.
- Lower speed, add in flour ingredients and ice water follow by chocolate paste, mix well.
- Lastly add in melted butter.
- Pour batter into prepared tray and put at the center rack of the oven, bake at preheated oven 200C for 10-12 mins.
- Remove sponge cake immediately after baked and leave to cool, then use your fingers to tear away the sponge cake skin.
- Due to the chocolate sponge is too soft to handle, cut the sponge cake into half.
Ganache Cream filling (prepare this before the sponge cake)
125g Semi sweet chocolate
90g Whipping cream
- Chop semi sweet chocolate into smaller pieces and put it in a bowl together with the butter.
- Boil whipping cream at medium heat and pour on the chocolate pieces. Use hand whisk to stir till chocolate melted and smooth, leave to cool.
- Put ganache cream in fridge for few mins till semi set, stir well and spread on sponge cake.
- Place the tiger skin sponge (skin facing down) with a large baking sheet below.
- Spread ganache cream evenly on it and place the two half chocolate sponge on top vertically side by side. Spread another layer of ganache cream on it ~not too thick~ then roll it up and wrap with the baking sheet.
- Put the roll in the fridge for the ganache cream to set for about an hour.
- Dip your knife in hot water and quickly dry it off before each cut.
Kitchen note: Use butter cream or jam to substitute the chocolate ganache cream as you like