Hi ALL! This is the Cherry Polka Dots Swiss Roll that I mentioned earlier. I used the same sponge cake recipe for Black Forest Cake and fresh topping whipped cream with dark sweet cherries as filling. (there are still some dark sweet cherries left... so stay tuned for another post ~ Almond Cheese Cake)
A Perfect Match ~ Can my Polka Dots Swiss Roll fits into Angel's bag? (updated 10 Sept)
Here is the recipe
165 Optima flour
48g Melted Butter
1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Prepare a 12 inches square tray lined with parchment paper.
- Add eggs, water and optima flour in a mixing bowl and whisk at high speed till thick and fluffy then add vanilla extract, mix well.
- Lastly add in melted butter and mix well again.
- Scoop some plain batter into a small bowl and mix with 1/2 tbsp chocolate emulco, mix well and pour into piping bag with plain circle tip then pipe out polka dots on to the square tray about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Put square tray into freezer for about 20 - 30 mins until the polka dots are set.
- Then quickly and carefully spread the plain batter on top of the polka dots evenly with a palette knife.
- Bake in preheated oven 180C at center rack for about 13 mins.
- Remove cake and parchment paper from baking tray immediately after baked and leave cake to cool.
- Remove the skin of the cake.
- Place a plastic sheet or greaseproof paper below the cake with the polka dots design facing down.
- Spread some fresh whipped cream (not too thick) on cake and add dark sweet cherries on top. Then roll it up and wrap with the plastic sheet.
- Put Cherry Polka Dots Swiss Roll in the fridge for few hours before slice.