100g Butter – melted
3 Large eggs
175g Plain flour – sifted
1 tsp Baking powder
180g Prunes – cut to small pieces
1 tbsp Rum compound or liqueur
1 tsp Vanilla extract
125g Brown sugar
1 tsp Baking soda
50ml Fresh milk
- Beat prunes, sugar, rum compound and baking soda till thick and sticky then slowly add in 50ml milk, mix well.
- Add in eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Then use hand whisk to mix in the sifted flour and baking powder.
- Lastly add in melted butter and mix well.
- Pour into paper cups about 3/4 full and decorate with a prune (flatten) on top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180C for about 25 mins.
- Leave cake to cool and dust some icing sugar or snow powder on top.
- Enjoy this Prune Cupcake with a cup of hot coffee.