- In a pot add water, sugar, agar agar powder and gelatin powder at medium boil.
- Add dried Osmanthus when sugar, agar agar powder and gelatin powder dissolved.
- Keep stirring the mixture with a hand whisk until liquid boiled.
- Off heat add Osmanthus sugar syrup and continue to stir liquid for another 3 mins.
- Pour Osmanthus jelly into molds. When the jelly is semi-set, use a small teaspoon gently stir the jelly so that the Osmanthus will stay afloat in the middle.
- Leave to cool at room temperature and refrigerate Osmanthus jelly to set.
Osmanthus fragrans is a flower native to China that is valued for its delicate fruity-floral apricot aroma. It is especially valued as an additive for tea and desserts, which contain lonone, capric acid lipids, linalool as well as vitamins.
In Chinese cuisine, the flowers are also used to produce osmanthus-scented jam (called guì huā jiàng, 桂花醬 or 桂花酱), sweet cakes (called guì huā gāo, 桂花糕), dumplings, soups, and even liquor (called guì huā jiǔ, 桂花酒; or 桂花陈酒, guì huā chén jiǔ). refer wiki and read more from here
Here is the recipe
1 packet Agar Agar powder + 1/4 tsp Gelatin powder
1 Litre Water
1 tbsp + 1 tsp Dried Osmanthus
3 tbsp Osmanthus sugar syrup
You may like to find more interesting Osmanthus recipes from
Osmanthus sugar syrup and Dried Osmanthus are available at Yue Hua 裕华百货