I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #4: Love In The Air (Feb 2011) hosted by Cuisine Paradise.
- Here is the recipe
1/2 tbsp Baking soda
- In a pot melt butter, sugar, bitter chocolate, sugar, coffee liquid together. Still the mixture very well till sugar dissolved. Do not boil. Then add kahlua liqueur and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, sift self raising flour, baking soda and cocoa powder together, then pour chocolate mixture into flour. Use hand whisk to mix well till mixture becomes thick and lastly add in beaten eggs and mix till smooth batter.
- Pour batter in a 8 inch heart shaped (lined) pan or 8 inch round cake tin or a 7 inch round cake tin if you prefer a taller cake.
- Bake at preheated oven 170C for 30-35mins.
- Leave cake in mold till cool after baked.
Mix warm melted butter in chocolate cream with a hand whisk till smooth, add Kahlua liqueur ~mix well.
- Slice cake into two horizontally and sandwich the cake with chocolate cream. Then coat the whole cake with chocolate cream with a palette knife and decorate as desire.
- Serve the cake immediately or chill the cake before serve.
- Keep the remaining chocolate cream in fridge for other uses.