This recipe is adapted from the book Dessert’s Temptation
20g Fresh milk
Chocolate Cake (Base)
- Beat egg yolks and 30g sugar until fluffy. Stir in flour, cocoa powder, milk and melted butter.
- Beat egg whites and 35g sugar until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites into egg yolks mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a 8 x 8 x 1 1/2 inches (lined) cake tin. Bake at 180C for about 25 minutes or until done.
- Leave cake to cool in tin. (do not remove cake from tin)
- Combine cream cheese and sugar.
- Add one egg at a time. Beating well after each addition.
- Fold in whipping cream and peppermint essence, stir well.(optional ~add a small drop of apple green coloring)
- Pour the cream cheese batter into the cake tin over the chocolate cake base.
- Bake in water bath at 160C for about 35-40 minutes.
- Leave cheesecake cool in cake tin before removing it.
- Chill cheesecake before serve.
Kitchen note: Wrap cake tin with heavy duty aluminum foil to prevent any water from sipping into the cheesecake during baking.
You can replace 1 tsp vanilla extract to the chocolate and cream cheese batter if you don’t like peppermint.