I’ve been looking for a simple cake recipe recently and I was sure glad to see Joyce post’s of her Glazed Lime Cake on her blog last week. After reading Joyce’s good remark of this tangy lime cake, I too wanted to bake one but with slight adjustment. I’ve changed the baking pan from a square one to a bundt pan and since I’ve some black chia seeds in my pantry, I added them in. The cake is not too sweet and a little crumbly but the lime syrup makes the cake moist, soft and delicious. Thank you Joyce for sharing this keeper recipe. 😉
- 180g Butter, room temperature
- 60g Powdered sugar (icing sugar, sifted)
- 2 Large eggs (70g each)
- 50g Milk
- 180g Self-raising flour
- 2½ tbsps Black chia seeds (optional)
- zest from 1 lime
- 3 large Limes
- 3 tbsps Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Butter and flour 8x8x2 inch (lined) baking pan. (I used a medium size bundt pan and sprayed pan with cooking spray).
- Sift self-raising flour into a bowl and mix with black chia seeds and lime zest, set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter and icing sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in milk, mix well. Add in flour mixer and fold well with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth top.
- Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 33 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely grate enough lime peel to measure 1 tablespoon. Halve limes, squeeze enough juice to measure 3 tablespoon. Stir lime peel, lime juice and 3 tablespoon sugar in a small bowl until sugar dissolves. Set lime syrup aside.
- Once cake is done, remove from oven and let it stay in cake pan for 5 minutes. Remove cake and immediately brush lime syrup generously on the surface.
- Cool cake completely and serve.
- 180个 牛油，温室
- 60克 糖粉， 过筛
- 2个 全蛋，一个70克
- 50克 牛奶
- 180克 自发面粉
- 2.5汤匙 黑奇异籽 （可不放）
- 1粒 青柠檬皮屑
- 3大粒 青柠檬
- 3汤匙 细糖
and hosted by Diana from the Domestic Goddess Wannabe.