- 70g Plain flour
- 10g Green tea powder
- 5 Egg yolks
- 20g Caster sugar
- 70g Water
- 60g Canola oil or corn oil
- 90g Caster sugar
- 10g Corn flour
- 5 Egg whites
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Sift flour and green tea powder together twice. Combine egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Add water and corn oil and blend together. Add flour and green tea powder mixture and mix until batter becomes sticky. Set aside.
- Make meringue ~ Combine sugar and corn flour. Beat egg whites until foamy. Add half the sugar and flour mixture and continue beating for a few minutes, then add remaining sugar and flour mixture and beat until egg whites are glossy, with stiff peaks.
- **Add one third of meringue to egg yolk mixture and fold in lightly, then add remaining meringue and fold to incorporate completely. **I've changed this method the other way round ~ Slowly pour all the egg mixture into the meringue at low speed then stop machine. Using a rubber spatula and fold the mixture well.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 20cm chiffon cake pan. Place in the oven and bake for about 50 minutes. tWhen cake is done, remove from oven and turn the pan over. Leave cake to cool completely in pan.
recipe adapted from the cookbook - Okashi sweet treats made with love