600g Hong Kong flour
360g Sugar syrup
12g Alkaline water
150g Peanut oil
3kg Lotus paste (for 20 pcs mooncake)
some melon seed
- Mix lotus paste and melon seeds together, knead well and weigh 150g each~roll into a ball.
- Mix sugar syrup, alkaline water and peanut oil together~mix well.
- Sift Hong Kong flour in a large bowl, make a well in the centre and pour in the sugar syrup.
- Use spatula to mix and form to a soft dough. Cover and let it rest for 20 mins.
- Lightly dust some Hong Kong flour on table and knead dough again till smooth dough. Measure dough to 50g each.
- Wrap the lotus paste with the soft dough and dust some Hong Kong flour on it.
- Place dough inside the mooncake mould, flatten dough to conform to shape of mould.
- To dislodge the mooncake, bang one end of the mold on a thick phone directory or hard surface.
- Place mooncake on baking tray and bake at 180C for 7 mins~take out mooncake from oven and rest to cool down~Egg wash~ and bake at 175C for another 15 mins.
- Remove mooncake from oven and brush some glaze on mooncake.
Kitchen note: Egg wash~one egg yolk + 1 tbsp water, mix well and pass through a sieve. Add little egg yellow coloring in it & mix well.
Received this Inspiration Award from ~ A Nyonya's Kitchen. It is so sweet of Petite Nyonya who passed the Award to me~A Big Thank You :D
Please go to Petite Nyonya's blog to check her Peranankan food which will definitely inspired by her (she bake and cook well).