- Mix lotus paste and melon seeds together, knead well and weigh 150g each~roll into a ball.
- Mix sugar syrup, alkaline water and peanut oil together~mix well.
- Sift Hong Kong flour in a large bowl, make a well in the centre and pour in the sugar syrup.
- Use spatula to mix and form to a soft dough. Cover and let it rest for 20 mins.
- Lightly dust some Hong Kong flour on table and knead dough again till smooth dough. Measure dough to 50g each.
- Wrap the lotus paste with the soft dough and dust some Hong Kong flour on it.
- Place dough inside the mooncake mould, flatten dough to conform to shape of mould.
- To dislodge the mooncake, bang one end of the mold on a thick phone directory or hard surface.
- Place mooncake on baking tray and bake at 180C for 7 mins~take out mooncake from oven and rest to cool down~Egg wash~ and bake at 175C for another 15 mins.
- Remove mooncake from oven and brush some glaze on mooncake.
600g Hong Kong flour
360g Sugar syrup
12g Alkaline water
150g Peanut oil
3kg Lotus paste (for 20 pcs mooncake)
some melon seed
Kitchen note: Egg wash~one egg yolk + 1 tbsp water, mix well and pass through a sieve. Add little egg yellow coloring in it & mix well.
Received this Inspiration Award from ~ A Nyonya’s Kitchen. It is so sweet of Petite Nyonya who passed the Award to me~A Big Thank You 😀
Please go to Petite Nyonya’s blog to check her Peranankan food which will definitely inspired by her (she bake and cook well).