Kuih Bahlu, Kuih Baulu or Kuih Bolu (鸡蛋糕) is one of the many traditional Chinese New Year goodies not to be missed.
3 Large eggs
1 tsp Vanilla extract
90g Plain flour
3/4 tsp Baking powder
- Place a greased kuih bahlu mould into a preheated 190C oven.
- Whisk egg at full speed for 1-2 minute until light, pale and frothy.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract and beat at full speed for another 1-2 minute until thick and creamy.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Fold lightly into the above mixture with a hand whisk.
- Grease the heated greased mould again, scoop batter and fill to the top of the mould.
- Bake at 190C for 7 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove kuih bahlu from mould with the aid of a skewer and leave to cool on a wire rack. Continue with the rest of the batter (step 5-7).
- Store in an airtight container.
Recipe from The Waitakere Redneck's Kitchen
Click HERE to watch the demo of making kuih bahlu
Kitchen note: This Kuih Bahlu is spongy and light, not the crispy type. 这个鸡蛋糕是有一点弹性带软，不是很酥脆。