- Place dry ingredients in food processor bowl, add chopped butter and sugar. Using the pulse action, press button for 30 seconds or until is fine and crumbly.
- Add combined egg and water; process a further 20 seconds until mixture forms a dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead dough until smooth.
- Roll pastry out between 2 plastic sheets to a rectangle of 25 x 35cm. Trim any uneven edges.
- Spread dough evenly with hazelnut spread (not too thick).
- Using plastic sheet to lift dough, roll up from the long side in Swiss roll style. Wrap tightly in plastic sheet and refrigerator for 40 minutes.
- Heat oven to 180C. Cut dough into 1 cm slices, wiping blade of knife between cuts.
- Place on prepared lined trays, bake at preheated oven 180C for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool and store in an airtight container.
Christmas is only 4 weeks away and here I would like to share with you this pretty, tasty, chewy Chocolate Hazelnut Scrolls and is really quick to make for friends and family during the holiday season.
Here is the recipe (adapted from Biscuits & Slices)
250g Plain flour
55g Ground Hazelnuts
100g Butter, chopped
1 Egg, light beaten with 2 tbsp iced water
Nutella Hazelnut Spread