Here is the recipe (I tweaked this recipe a bit from a blogger in London, just don’t remember her site name, will look up again and place the link later)
- Score the flesh part (not the skin) of the pork belly lightly in diagonal lines and rub in the marinade well.
- Place the marinated side down on a container so it can sit and absorb the flavors.
- Use a skewer or satay stick to poke repeatedly on the skin, then rub more salt on the skin only.
- Marinate the pork belly uncovered for several hours or overnight in the fridge so that the skin will dry completely.
- When ready to cook, pat dry if there is any moisture left on the skin and place pork in the middle of the oven. Remember to place a foil and pan underneath to enable fat to drip into the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180C for 45 mins then switch temperature to 200C for another 20 mins.
- The skin will get slightly burnt and charred.
- Once cooked, remove pork from oven, scrape off any burnt parts with serrated knife (I used a fish scaler) and leave to rest for 10 mins before chopping.
- **Just listen to that crackling…