I’ve shared a few recipes (osmanthus chia seed chiffon cake, osmanthus tang yuan, osmanthus soy milk egg tarts ) using dried osmanthus flowers on my blog before as I really like the sweet and floral scent of osmanthus, The weather is getting warmer and humid these few days, so I made this coconut osmanthus jelly over the weekend for my family to enjoy. The combination of coconut milk and osmanthus complemented well with each other. This cooling dessert is very easy to make just by using a very basic agar agar recipe. Once set, you can see the coconut milk and osmanthus liquid separated into 2 layers of jelly. Furthermore the jelly looks cute and pretty with the little flowers when unmoulded before serve.
- 2.5 tbsp dried osmanthus flowers
- 1000ml water
- 180g caster sugar
- 1 packet (10g) agar agar powder + 1 tsp
- 250ml coconut milk
- In a pot, add water, sugar and agar agar powder together. Turn on medium heat, stir till sugar dissolved and add dried osmanthus flowers into liquid. Stir to boil under medium heat. Lower heat and continue to stir mixture for another minute. Remove osmanthus flowers with a sieve but reserve some for decoration.
- Pour in the coconut milk, stir well and bring mixture to a boil again and off heat.
- Scoop liquid mixture into moulds or serving cups (stir the liquid mixture before each pouring. This will makes equal thickness of the coconut milk after the jelly is set) leave to cool and chill for a few hours in refrigerator before serving. **Once set, you can see the coconut milk and osmanthus liquid separated into 2 layers of jelly
- 2.5汤匙 桂花干
- 1000毫升 水
- 180克 细砂糖
- 1包 （10克） 菜燕粉 + 1茶匙
- 250毫升 椰浆
- 将水，细糖及菜燕粉一起放入锅内。 用中火搅拌至糖融化，然后放入桂花干搅煮至滚。改换小火，再继续不停搅拌一分钟。用汤匙舀出煮过的桂花干，留下少许做装饰。