This light chocolate cake is utterly soft and airy. I baked the cake in muffin pan and the cake weighed only 15 grams after baked! To bake this cake is easy as only 4 ingredients are required but definitely it is not a moist cake because no fat or water are added. You need to whisk up the eggs and sugar at high speed until thick and fluffy. Then just mix in the flours to combine and baking time is about 30 minutes. Sounds very easy right? I think it’s great to serve with a dollop of ice cream. 😀
The cake is so light, only 15 grams 😀 蛋糕很轻浮 – 才15克！
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp caster sugar (80g)
- 4 tbsp cake flour/plain flour + 1 tbsp Hershey's cocoa powder = total 40g, sifted
- In mixing bowl, add eggs, vanilla extract and sugar together. Then beat mixture at high speed for about 15 minutes till thick and fluffy.
- Sift the flours the second time in 2 batches to the egg mixture until combined at low speed. Then use a rubber spatula to fold well the batter.
- Scoop batter into muffin pan lined with cupcake cases to almost full and gently tap the muffin pan to release air bubbles. Bake in preheated at 180 deg C for about 30 minutes.
- Drop the muffin pan onto table top a few times once it is out of the oven to release hot air (this is to prevent the cakes from too much shrinking). Leave muffins to cool before consuming.
recipe adapted from here with slight adjustments
- 4个 大鸡蛋
- 1茶匙 香草香精
- 6汤匙 细砂糖 （80克）
- 4汤匙 低筋面粉或中筋面粉 + 1汤匙可可粉 = 40克，一起过筛
- 送人预热烤箱至摄氏180度烘烤约30分钟。烤好后的蛋糕连玛芬盘在桌面敲打几下，敲出热气 （这样可防蛋糕过度的收缩）。蛋糕待凉后即可享用。