The weather has been so hot last week that I've been sweating over the hot stove when preparing our meal. To stay away from the kitchen, I've made mostly quick and simple meal like the Salmon Fried Rice , Fried Noodles and when I saw this easy recipe Linguine in Cream Sauce with Poached Eggs & Bacon in a cookbook and just had to make it.
Here is the recipe ~ serves 2
2 strips smoked bacon
2 Eggs (I used large eggs)
1/2 cup Milk
1/2 cup Whipping cream
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
Dash of black pepper
- Cut each strip of bacon into halves. Peel and chop onion.
- Cook the linguine in lightly salted water with a touch of oil according to the instruction on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Poach eggs in water ~ Boil about 1 litre of water add 1/2 tsp of white vinegar and stir well with a spoon. Put the eggs in and cover the lid. Do not stir right away. Let it sit for about 4 minutes and gently scoop it out with a ladle.
- Fry the bacon until crispy. Drain and set aside. Stir fry the onion in the same pan. Add Cream and milk and let it simmer for a while then add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Toss the linguine into the sauce and serve.
- Top with bacon and poached egg.
Mmm..the yolk creating a creamy sauce over the pasta..