- Put all the ingredients in mixing bowl and whisk at high speed until thick and fluffy than add in corn oil and mix well and pour batter on a 8″ or 9″ (lined) square tray.
- Bake at preheated oven 180C for about 8-10 mins and leave cake to cool.
- Melt the semi sweet chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
- Boil about 100ml or little more full cream milk or whipping and measure 25g to the melted chocolate, stir till smooth with a hand whisk, add vanilla extract and rum, set aside.(make sure this is cool before adding the whipped cream)
- Whisk fresh topping cream to soft peak form and mix well to the chocolate.
- Melt about 400g semi sweet chocolate in double boiler or microwave and stir to smooth.
- Scoop the melted chocolate and fill each cavity halfway (you can do two cavities at a time or all the 4 you are comfortable with ) and tilt the silicone mould to be sure each cavity is coated clear to the tops all around.
- Invert mould over with a plastic sheet underneath to catch the drippings. Let the excess chocolate drip out.
- Use a small spatula or scraper to scrape off drippings level at tops of each cavity.
- Tap the silicone mould down on the table to eliminate air bubbles.
- Place silicone mould on a square tray for support and put it in the refrigerator for 2-3 minutes for the chocolate to set.
- Take out silicone mould from refrigerator and fill melted chocolate in each cavity approximately 1/4 full and use a small brush pull coating up the sides of each cavity. Be sure cavity are completely and evenly coated and return the mould to the refrigerator. Finish with a third coat if you think the chocolate is not thick enough.
- Before you add the mousse filling into the cavity, gently pull the sides of the mould a little to make sure the solid chocolate is not breakable.
- Using a suitable round cutter, cut out 4 rounds from the cake.
- Pipe mousse into each cavity and use a spatula to level the mousse.
- Top each mould with a round cake and place in refrigerator for 2 hours or till next day.
- To remove the Chocolate Mousse Bombes, pull the sides of the silicone mould a little and then hold the silicone mould in two hands and push the section of the mould from beneath, popping the chocolate out of the mould and carefully flip it over and place on a serving plate.
Enjoy & Have a wonderful day!