I love chocolate pudding and have shared quite a few tweaked recipes (here and here) especially for the festive Christmas season or when there’s a house guest at home. This will be dessert after a hearty meal. This fragrant Chocolate Jelly Pudding is easy to put together with a mix of gelatin and agar agar powder without adding cornstarch or egg yolk. It has a firm and soft texture in between. This delicious dessert can be made 3 days ahead and chilled in the refrigerator before serving. Gently boil the chocolate (in less than 5 minutes), then pour it in a small mould (18 x 8cm) to cool down a little and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. You can serve this cold chocolate jelly pudding with a simple dust of cocoa powder or with some fresh berries.
This article may feature affiliate links, and purchases made may earn us a commission at no extra cost to you
Chocolate Jelly Pudding
- 75 g dark chocolate - semi sweet chocolate
- 500 ml fresh milk
- 85 g caster sugar
- 3/4 tsp agar agar powder - or kanten powder
- 15 g Valrhona cocoa powder (or Hershey's) - sifted
- 1 tbsp gelatin powder + 1tsp - about 14g
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Chop dark chocolate to pieces and melt under double boiler till smooth, set aside.
- Soak gelatin with 1.5 tablespoons of water and set aside.
- Mix a few tablespoons of milk together with cocoa powder and stir well.
- Pour remaining milk into pot together with sugar, agar agar powder and cocoa mixture, stir well and add vanilla extract.
- Boil and stir chocolate mixture at medium low heat to boil. Drop in soaked gelatin and continue to stir mixture for another 3 minutes, off heat.
- Pour melted chocolate into liquid mixture and to stir until chocolate combined. Turn on heat again at low heat and stir mixture for another minute, off heat.
- Then pour chocolate mixture into mould (18x8cm) and cool down a little. Then chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Dust of cocoa powder or with some fresh berries when served
- This delicious dessert can be made 3 days ahead and chilled in the refrigerator before serving.
- You may double the recipes and make into serving cups.
- 75克 黑巧克力 （半苦甜巧克力）
- 500毫升 牛奶
- 85克 细砂糖
- 3/4茶匙 菜燕粉 （5克）或寒天粉
- 15克 可可粉，过筛 Valrhona巧克力
- 1汤匙 + 1茶匙 鱼胶粉 (吉利丁粉)， 约14克
- 1/4茶匙 香草香精