Here is the recipe for Prune Walnut Cake
125g Soft butter
2 large Eggs
220g Plain flour
3/4 tsp Baking powder
120ml Sour cream or plain yoghurt
80ml Fresh milk
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 tsp Lemon juice
Prune Walnut filling
25g Brown sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
70g Prune – cut into small pieces
45g Walnut – chop to pieces
Mix the filling together and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar till light at medium speed, add sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla extract and mix well
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well until incorporated. Lower speed and add flour and milk alternately, ending with flour.
- Pour half of the batter into a 8 inches lined cake tin, sprinkle prune walnut filling evenly on top and gently add the remaining batter over it. Using a palette knife to level the batter.
- Bake at preheated oven at 170C for about 40 minutes or skewer comes out clean.
- Leave cake in tin to cool.