I made a soft Prune Walnut Cake for everyone at home on National Day. But first of all I would like to thank BeeBee from Honey Bee Sweets for sending me her homemade vanilla extract one month ago. I must say this homemade vanilla extract smells so good and it tastes great with just one teaspoon added in my cake. BeeBee told me that it is best to age up the vanilla extract to at least 6 months or more. The one I've here is already more than 9 months old! Mmm...no wonder the vanilla extract is so fragrant!! My family really enjoyed this cake very much and it even tastes better the next day.
Dear readers, please visit Honey Bee Sweets, you will not regret to find BeeBee has many delicious recipes to share :)
Besides the homemade vanilla extract, BeeBee also sent me agar agar powder that she bought from Malaysia and pretty muffin liners from US ~ Thank you very much again BeeBee, it's great to know you through blogging. :)
Here is the recipe for Prune Walnut Cake
125g Soft butter
2 large Eggs
220g Plain flour
3/4 tsp Baking powder
120ml Sour cream or plain yoghurt
80ml Fresh milk
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 tsp Lemon juice
25g Brown sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
70g Prune - cut into small pieces
45g Walnut - chop to pieces
Mix the filling together and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar till light at medium speed, add sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla extract and mix well
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well until incorporated. Lower speed and add flour and milk alternately, ending with flour.
- Pour half of the batter into a 8 inches lined cake tin, sprinkle prune walnut filling evenly on top and gently add the remaining batter over it. Using a palette knife to level the batter.
- Bake at preheated oven at 170C for about 40 minutes or skewer comes out clean.
- Leave cake in tin to cool.