Here is the recipe adapted from清怡甜点 with some modication
2 large Eggs
125g Optima flour
1 tbsp Black sesame paste
40g Corn oil (to be added last)
- Beat all the ingredients together until thick and fluffy at high speed.
- Lower speed gradually add in black sesame paste, mix well and lastly add corn oil into it, mix well again.
- Pour batter into 2 pieces 8 inches (lined) square tray.
- Bake at preheated oven 180C for about 8-10 mins.
- Remove cake from cake tray immediately after baked.
- Leave to cool on wire rack.
Black Sesame Yoghurt Mousse
200ml Plain yoghurt
1 1/2 tbsp Gelatine powder
3 tbsp Water
4 tbsp Sugar or icing sugar
2 tbsp Black sesame paste
320ml Fresh topping cream (non-dairy)
Boil sugar syrup for brushing on sponge cake before adding mousse on it. – 200ml water and 70g sugar.
- Soak gelatine powder with water for 5 minutes and heat it over a hot water bath.
- Add sugar and black sesame paste to the yoghurt, stir well until sugar dissolved then slowly pour in gelatine (cool down gelatine a little if it is still hot), stir well again.
- Whip up fresh topping cream to soft peak form and mix into the black sesame mixture.
- Place the first layer of sponge cake at the bottom with a square cake ring. Brush sugar syrup on cake.
- Pour half of the black sesame yoghurt mousse onto the sponge cake and spread the mousse evenly with a palette knife.
- Place the second layer of the sponge cake (brush sugar syrup) onto the mousse and spread remaining mousse on it. Using a scraper to level the top.
- Chill the cake for at least 4 hours or till overnight.
- Take a sharp knife and run it around the edge of the cake to loosen the cake from the cake ring and trim sides of cake.
- Decorate as desired with some toasted black sesame seeds on top.