- Here is the recipe with slight adjustment (makes 14)
400g Plain flour
220g Cold butter
1/2 tsp Salt
5-6 tbsp Ice water
- Mix pastry ingredients till crumbly, add ice water into it and knead to become a dough. (Please refer to my Blueberry Pie for more details)
- Shape it into ball and wrap it with aluminium foil. Put dough in freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Roll the pastry dough flat into about 3mm thickness between two plastic sheets. Use a round cutter to cut dough and place it into tart mould.
- Press the dough evenly in mould and trim excess dough with a sharp knife.
- Prick some holes with a fork to release air from the pastry and place the tart moulds in the freezer for another 10 mins or for a day or two.
- Take out tart moulds from freezer, line with aluminium foil and blind bake for 20 minutes at preheated oven 180C. Remove aluminium foil immediately from tart moulds after baked and leave tart pastry to cool.
- Mushroom Chicken Filling
25g Cooking oil
1 big Onion (finely diced)
1 Carrot (cut to thick slices, boil to cook and finely diced)
1 small tin Button mushrooms (finely diced)
- 300g Chicken thigh (cut to small cubes)
1/2 tsp Chicken powder
1/2 tsp salt or add to taste
1/2 tsp White pepper
- Fry onion until fragrant then add chicken cubes and fry till cooked. Add carrot, button mushrooms and seasoning – stir fry well, dish up and leave to cool.
- Potato Filling
- 500-550g Potatoes (peeled)
2 tbsp Soft butter
2 tbsp Whipping cream
1/2 tsp Salt or add to taste
3/4 tsp Fresh dill (cut finely)
- Boil or microwave potatoes till cooked.
- Assemble Potato Pie
- Gently remove cooked pastry tart from mould and place on a baking tray with baking sheet underneath.
- Using a fork to mash potatoes and add butter, whipping cream, egg, salt and dill, mix well.
- Scoop the chicken filling evenly into each mould.
- Fill piping bag with mashed potato and pipe onto chicken filling.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200C for 20 mins or until light golden brown.