I made this very light and fluffy Tofu Chiffon Cake last Friday and it was absolutely delicious! Instead of using the traditional chiffon tube pan, I switched to use cupcake liners and surprisingly, it came out great!! Look how pretty this mini chiffon cake with sprinkled of black sesame on it. I made a second batch again yesterday for my cousins and nieces to taste and I was so happy all of them gave this cake a Thumbs Up 😀 I definitely think this healthy recipe is a keeper.
- (A) 4 Egg yolks (I used 70g egg)
- 20g Caster sugar
- 55ml (55g) Corn/canola oil
- (B) 110g Silken tofu, mashed finely (or blended finely)
- 55ml (55g) Soymilk (sweetened but sugar reduced)
- (C) 100g Superfine flour (I used plain flour – sifted twice)
- ½ tbsp Black sesame seeds
- (D) 4 Egg whites
- 80g Caster sugar
- Cream (A) till pale, thick and creamy.
- Add in (B), mix well.
- Fold in (C) and mix till no lumps, add ½ tbsp black sesame into it and mix well, set aside.
- Beat egg whites till frothy, gradually add in the sugar in batches, mix well. Continue beating till egg whites are stiff but not dry. (When the whisk is removed and inverted, the egg white residue does not fall off).
- Fold egg whites into the egg yolk mixture with a hand whisk till well combined.
- Spoon batter into cupcake liners up to ¾ full evenly and bake @ 180C for 15 mins then lower temperature to 160C for another 20 mins or skewer comes out clean.
- Invert cake immediately on a wire rack to cool completely before unmoulding.
recipe tested and tasted by No-Frills Recipes