- To cook the osmanthus sweet soup, add ginger, sugar and dried osmanthus flowers to boil and reduce heat to simmer for 5-8 minutes. Cover with lid and set aside. Boil osmanthus sweet soup again before serving.
- Add flour into a large bowl. Gradually add water and knead the dough until soft, smooth, kneadable and the dough does not stick to the hands.
- Divide dough into two portions. Add 2-3 drops rose pink colouring into one portion and knead until colour is well distributed.
- Pinched off pieces of both dough (pink and white) together and form well. Flatten the dough a little with your thumb and wrap the black sesame tau sar into it, then roll between palms of both hands to form round balls.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the tang yuan into the boiling water and cook until they float to the surface. Transfer them immediately to a bowl of room temperature water until cooled or ready to serve.
- To serve, add tang yuan to a serving bowl and ladle the sweet soup over or place tang yuan on a serving plate and drizzle some osmanthus sugar syrup over it.
Recipe adapted from NoobCook Recipe with slight adjustments。Thanks Wiffy for sharing this recipe.
- 250克 糯米粉
- 1/2杯 清水 （约125克）
- 几滴 红色素 （粉红色）
- 150克 黑芝麻豆沙 ，搓成小粒球
- 2片 姜 (薄片）
- 1公升 水
- 80克 冰糖
- 1大匙 桂花干
- 详细的过程请参阅NoobCook Recipe