2 pcs Bean curd
3/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Light soy sauce
1/2 tsp Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
a dash of pepper
- Cut the roots of the spinach and wash the spinach thoroughly.
- In a wok boil about 2 litre water, add a pinch of salt and few drop of cooking oil.
- Cook the spinach for a few mins. Rinse it under running water to cool, then squeeze the out the excess water from the vegetable and cut about 2 cm length, leave aside.
- Cut the bean curd about the same length as spinach. Use a non-stick pan and little oil to fry the bean curd to nice golden brown. Leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach and bean curd together with the seasoning.
- Pack this mixture tightly into about 3-4 rice bowls. Cover bowls with cling wrap and leave in the fridge to chill.
- Un-mould spinach and bean curd by placing a plate on over the bowl and upturning it.
Source: from newspaper cutting and made some slight adjustment according to my taste