When I first saw Amy of u Try.It made this Chocolate Sablés one month ago, I immediately knew I’ve to try it. I really love this chocolate cookies that just melt in the mouth with a slight bitter and strong Valrhona cocoa powder flavour. Just like Amy said I just can’t stop popping these yummy cookies into my mouth too! Please check on Amy’s recipe with pictorials.
2 cups All purpose flour – 280g
6 tbsp Valrhona cocoa powder – I only used 35g
10oz Butter, room temperature – 285g
1 cup Icing sugar – 120g
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp Instant coffee granulate, dissolved in 1 teaspoon of hot water)
4 tbsp Egg whites, lightly beaten
1/2 cup Chocolate chips (topping the cookies and some to snack on)
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Line baking sheet with baking sheet, set aside.
- Prepare a pastry bag fitted with a large swirl/star tip (Wilton 1M), set aside.
- Sieve flour and cocoa powder together, set aside.
- Beat the butter, icing sugar and salt at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Then add the coffee mixture and egg white and beat until well incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Turn mixer on low and slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined and transfer the dough to the prepared pastry bag.
- Pipe dough onto prepared baking sheet and top with a piece of chocolate chip in the middle of each dough and bake for about 12 minutes.