2 large Eggs
30g Ice water
125g Optima flour
1 tbsp Cocoa powder
1 tsp Vanilla extract
40g Corn oil
1/2 tbsp Chocolate paste
- Put all the ingredients in mixing bowl and whisk at high speed till thick and fluffy, then lower speed and slowly add corn oil into it and mix well.
- Pour batter into a 8″ lined round cake tin, bake at preheated 180C for about 20 mins.
- Remove chocolate sponge cake from cake tin and leave to cool.
- Cut cake into 2 slices.
Cream Cheese Frosting (adapted from 我的橱房乐园)
500g Cream Cheese, at room temperature
250g Butter, at room temperature
2 tsp Vanilla extra
1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
180g Icing sugar
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and beat until well combined. Add more icing sugar to taste, if a more sweet frosting is preferred. Use immediately to frost the cake.
- After assembling the cake, allow it to rest in the fridge overnight, before serving.
- Serve immediately after taking it out of the fridge.