These chocolate friands are very flavorful with almond meal, cocoa powder and orange zest. The addition of kumquat marmalade in the middle did indeed help to enhance the flavour of the chocolate friand. I kept the leftover friands in an airtight container, overnight in room temperature and they even tasted better the next day.
Kumquat Chocolate Friands
- 100 g melted butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder - about 10g
- 65 g icing sugar
- 65 g almond meal/ground almond
- 3 egg whites - lightly whisked, about 105g/1/3 cup
- orange zest from 1 orange
- kumquat marmalade as filling
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Grease 2 mini muffin pan well with butter.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder and icing sugar into a large bowl. Add almond meal and orange zest into it. Stirring well until just combined.
- Lightly whisk egg whites and pour into dry ingredients, followed by melted butter. Stir until well combined.
- Divide chocolate mixture half full into prepared pans. Add about a teaspoon of kumquat marmalade, then top up with chocolate mixture just about full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and leave friands in pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- 100克 融化牛油
- 50克 普通面粉
- 2汤匙 可可粉 （约10克）
- 65克 糖分
- 65克 杏仁粉
- 3个 蛋白 （约105克）
- 1粒 香橙皮屑
- 巧克力面糊倒入烤盘内至半满。加入1茶匙金吉果酱 ，然后把剩余的巧克力面糊铺盖上差不多满便可。