Mango which happens to be one of my favourite tropical fruit is in season now. As I still have some leftover mangoes after making the Mango and Pistachio Friands last week, I moved on to make this yummy Mango Pomelo Sago Dessert. I didn’t use coconut milk, evaporated milk or whipping cream to make this dessert but used mango juice (store bought) and fresh mangoes instead. An easy method to combine everything together. So good to have a bowl of this cool refreshing mango pomelo sago dessert especially to beat the scorching hot weather.
- 300g Mango, skinned and chopped
- 200ml Mango juice (I used Marigold Peel Fresh)
- 200ml Fresh squeezed orange juice
- 100g Pomelo, peeled and reserved pulps
- 50g Sago pearls
- Extra mango cubes from 2-3 mangoes
- Rinse sago pearl under running water in a sieve till water runs clear. Drain well and pour into a pot of 800ml water boiling water. Let it keep boiling for about 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Cover the sago pearls with a lid for another 5 minutes or until you see the sago pearls become translucent. Pour out sago pearls into a sieve and rinse with cold water, drain well.
- Blend 300g mango and mango juice to smooth puree. Combine squeezed orange juice and blend well again.
- Combine mango mixture and sago pearls together in a large bowl or jar, stir well. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours or more.
- To serve, pour mango dessert into individual serving bowl. Add about 2 tablespoons or more of mango cubes into it with pomelo pulps. For quicker way, you may also combine the mango cubes, pomelo and sago together with the mango puree and chill.
- 300克 芒果肉，切丁
- 200毫升 芒果汁 （超市买包装的）
- 200毫升 鲜榨橙汁
- 100克 西柚，将肉取出，折散备用
- 50克 西米
- 2-3个 芒果肉，切丁 （备用）