- Boil water in a large pot or wok. Add dried noodles in the boiling water, gently stirring noodles with chopsticks. Boil dried noodles for about 3 minutes or follow the package instructions.
- Drain hot noodles and rinse the noodles under running water and drain well.
- Chill noodles in the fridge for few hours.
- Pour ice water over noodles to loosen, drain well and divide into 3 to 4 equal portion on bamboo plates or serving plates.
- Garnish with finely chopped spring onion, shredded carrot and shredded cucumber or nori seaweed and bonito flakes on top of noodles with a bowl of dipping sauce.
- Bring all the above ingredients to boil and simmer at low heat for 5 minutes and leave to cool and serve into 3-4 small bowls.
- Mix some wasabi paste and chopped spring onion in the dipping sauce.
- Then using chopsticks, pick up a small amount of noodles from the tray and swirls it in the dipping sauce before eating.