Here is the recipe (adapted from Do What I Like with slight adjustment)
- Cream egg yolks, sugar and salt till creamy.
- Add in the oil and mix well.
- Add 5 tbsp boiling water to the Yuja (honey citron tea) and stir till diluted. Mince the citron peel with a pair of scissors. Add this into the egg yolk mixture and mix well.
- Sieve flour and baking powder together twice and stir well into the egg yolk mixture with a hand whisk.
- Beat egg white and cream of tar tar until foamy, slowly add sugar and continue to beat until peak form.
- Gently fold beaten egg white foam into egg yolk batter until blended OR Slowly pour all the egg mixture into the meringue at low speed then stop machine. Using a rubber spatula and fold the mixture well.
- Pour batter into a 20cm tube pan and bake at 170C for 40-45 minutes.
- When cake is done, remove from oven and turn the pan over. Leave cake to cool in pan.
- Once cake has cooled completely, carefully run a knife or spatula around the sides of the cake to loosen it