Sweet Tart Pastry (for details please refer here)
200g Plain flour
50g Icing sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
2 1/2 tbsp Ice water
- Mix all ingredients till crumbly and add ice water to form dough.
- Shape it into a ball and wrap it with foil then store in freezer for 20 mins.
- Place pastry on to the ring, pressing it to fit the bottom and sides so that no air bubbles lurk under the pastry, but taking care not to stretch it.
- Roll across the top of the ring with the rolling pin. This rolls away any overhanging pastry.
- Prick the pastry at the bottom of the case with a fork.
- Return the pastry dough to the freezer for another 15 mins or you can keep the pastry dough until next day or up to a week.
- Take out pastry from freezer and quickly line it with aluminium foil and blind bake with pie weights or dried beans, to keep the bottom flat. Bake at preheated oven at 175C for 20 mins. Remove pie weights and foil immediately after baked.
- Cool down the pastry.
(A) 120g Butter
90g Brown Sugar
(B) 2 Eggs (70g each)
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 tbsp Rum
(C) 50g Self raising flour (sifted)
80g Ground hazelnut
1 1/2 tsp Valrhona cocoa powder (sifted)
(D) adequte pitted prunes