Here is the recipe
60g Icing sugar
1/2 tsp Green tea powder
- Combine kao fen and snowskin flour (KWT Pinpe Premix Powder) in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a pot, mix 300g green tea water with icing sugar and shortening together and bring them to boil until shortening melted, stir with a hand whisk.
- Pour the hot liquid mixture to the flour and use spatula to stir mixture to soft dough and leave dough to cool (you’ll find the dough is quite oily at this time) then knead dough again to smooth.
- Measure dough to 22g and wrap in 25g green tea lotus paste.
- Roll it into a ball and dust with some cooked glutinous rice flour (Gao fen 糕粉).
- Press firmly into mould ~~unmould it and store in airtight container.
- Chill green tea snowskin mooncake before consume.