Here is the recipe
300g Snowskin flour (from Gim Hin Lee)
280g Icing sugar (sifted)
95g Criso shortening (I used mooncake shortening from Sunlik)
250g Pandan water (cold)
1/4 tsp Banana essence (optional)
- Boil 1 litre water with 6 pandan leaves one or two days ahead and store in the fridge.
- In a large bowl add snowskin flour and icing sugar together, mix well. Then add shortening, use spatula or wear a disposal hand glove to mix roughly.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in pandan syrup with essence ~~ knead to soft dough ( a bit sticky)~~cover and let it rest for 10 mins~~then knead dough to soft.
- Divide dough into equal portion and add colouring for different type of fillings and wrap in filling paste.
- Roll it into a ball and dust with some cooked glutinous rice flour (Gao fen 糕粉).
- Press firmly into mould ~~unmould it and store in airtight container.
- Chill snowskin mooncakes before consume.