Here is the recipe
200g Soba (buckwheat noodles)
2 pcs Chicken thigh meat (debonded and skinned)
some chye sim (菜心) or Spinach (波菜)
some toasted white sesame seeds
Sesame mixed sauce
1 tbsp minced ginger
4 tbsp Sesame/Tahini paste
2 tbsp Sesame oil
6 tbsp Kikkomann light soy sauce
2 tsp Sugar
4 tbsp Water
- Remove skin and fat from chicken, mix thoroughly with 1/2 tsp salt and crushed black pepper, leave aside for 10 minutes (put in the fridge). Pan fry chicken thigh with little oil till golden brown. Leave to cool and cut into small pieces.
- Wash the chye sim or spinach and blanch in boiling water, then run cold water through it and drain. Cut into sections.
- Cook soba in boiling water for about 5-6 minutes, strain and run cold water through it.
- Mix soba, chye sim or spinach and chicken well with the sesame mixed sauce and place on serving plate. Sprinkle some toasted white sesame seeds on it and serve.
- OR serve as cold dish, chill the soba before mixing with sesame mixed sauce.