- 2 tbsp Plain flour, sifted
- ½ cup Icing sugar ~ 55g 40g
- ¼ cup Almond meal (ground almond) ~ 30g
- 2 tsp Instant coffee powder
- 40g Butter, melted
- 2 Egg whites ~ 80g
- ¼ cup Kahlua coffee liqueur
- Preheat oven to 180C (335F). Place the flour, sugar, almond meal, coffee, butter and egg whites in a bowl and mix well combine with a hand whisk.
- Spoon mixture into 6 lightly greased or use cooking spray on medium size muffin pan or 12 mini muffin pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Drizzle with the liqueur (about ½ tablespoon on each cake) and set aside for 2 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool.
- Decorate with chocolate icing on top (I used Wiltion chocolate icing) or just dust with some icing sugar.
- You can serve them warm or store it in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
from Donna Hay's magazine Aug/Sep '09 issue
Look how simple it is. Just mix the ingredients together and bake it!
I’m linking this with “Cook Like A Star“ blog-hop featuring Donna Hay as the celebrity
for the month of March, hosted by Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids.