This easy and simple delicious baked tomato egg cake is great for breakfast to start your day or as a light meal treat. It’s very tasty with the combination of bacon, onion and mozzarella cheese. The tomatoes give a moist texture in the baked egg. For a healthier choice, add in some baby spinach or basil leaves in the baked tomato egg cake.
Great for breakfast to start your day or as a light meal treat ~yummy!
If you’re new to my blog and would like to receive new post update and never miss a recipe, please subscribe with your email address at follow.it (the subscribe box is at the sidebar or click at the following >> Anncoo Journal below the recipe). ~~ Thank you!
Baked Tomato Egg Cake
- 2 slices bacon - cut to strips, about 55g
- 1 small onion - shredded
- 120 g grape tomatoes - cut into half, about 14-15 pieces
- 2 large eggs - lightly beaten
- 40 g mozzarella cheese - shredded
- 2 tbsp butter - about 10g
- Grease a small baking dish with some butter (about 5 inch) or use aluminium foil cups.
- Fry bacon strips to crisp at medium low heat without adding oil and dish up onto kitchen paper to absorb excess oil, set aside.
- Clean frying pan and add about 2 tablespoons butter under medium heat. Saute shredded onion till soft. Pour in tomatoes (keep some for topping) and continue to fry mixture for another 2-3 minutes.
- Then pour all the tomato mixture into baking dish. Scatter morzarella cheese on top and pour beaten eggs over it. Place a few half tomatoes on top as garnishing with a dash of pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg C for about 30 minutes or to eggs are just set. Serve warm.
- 2片 培根 （约55克），切条
- 1粒 小洋葱，切细
- 120克 小番茄 （约14-15粒），切半
- 2个 大鸡蛋，打撒
- 40克 莫扎里拉奶酪丝
- 2汤匙 牛油 （约10克）