Cooked rice for 3 persons
1 Black promfret (about 400g or more)
500ml Chicken broth + 350ml water (I used Swanson clear chicken broth)
20g Preserved vegetable ( dongcai~冬菜)
few drop of sesame oil
some shredded ginger, spring onion and dash of pepper
- Soak preserved vegetable for 15 minutes, rinse and squeeze dry~set aside.
- Clean fish, pat dry with kitchen towel and use knife to cut diamond shape on the fish body.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper, then fry black promfret until crispy.
- Use fork or knife to remove the fish meat, use scissors to cut the fish meat to smaller pieces and set aside.
- Pour chicken broth and water into a deep pot with preserved vegetables and few drop of sesame oil, bring to boil.
- Add the cooked rice to the stock and let it boil at medium fire for about 3 minutes, then throw in the fish meat, stir well boil again and off heat.
- Dish up the Black Promfret Congee in a serving bowl, sprinkle shredded ginger, spring onion and dash of pepper. Serve immediately.