My friend, Mary from Aberdeen gave me a big packet of organic sun-dried figs recently, and they are lusciously sweet and delicious. They are not only excellent for snacking but for cooking too. As I can’t finish the dried figs quickly, I combined some of them with chocolate, hazelnuts and digestive biscuits. This is a fuss free nutty chocolate recipe, ready within 15 mins. A perfect combination of flavours and a rich texture, best served with a cup of hot coffee or vanilla ice cream. Just melt the butter and chocolate together, and throw in all the remaining ingredients, stir well, place the chocolate mixture in the refrigerator and you’re done!
- 125g butter
- 300g dark chocolate
- 80ml warm coffee (hot water + 1tsp instant coffee powder)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g digestive biscuits, blend fine breadcrumbs
- 150g whole dried figs, coarsely chopped
- 220g roasted hazelnuts
- cocoa powder to dust
- Line the base and sides of a square 7 or 8 inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and microwave at high heat for 30 seconds. Stir the the chocolate mixture and reheat for another 30 seconds and stir well to smooth. Then stir in coffee and vanilla extract to smooth again.
- Pour biscuit crumbs into chocolate mixture and mix well, followed by the hazelnuts and figs, stir well till combined.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Cover with aluminium foil and place in the fridge for 2 hours or until set.
- Remove from pan. Cut into squares, dust with cocoa powder and serve.
recipe adapted from here
- 125克 牛油
- 300克 黑巧克力 （我用Belcolade71%苦甜巧克力），喜欢比较甜的话，就用半甜巧克力
- 80毫升 温咖啡 （ 热水 + 1茶匙急速咖啡精）
- 1茶匙 香草香精
- 200克 全麦消化饼干，磨细
- 150克 干无花果，切小
- 220克 烤香榛子豆
- 用微波炉加热融化巧克力和牛油。每30秒从微波炉中取出，搅拌巧克力至顺滑 （前后约1分钟）。