I’ve never heard or tried Italian Apple Cupcakes before not until when I saw this recipe prepared by an Italian Chef from a Chinese magazine I weekly. What attracted me to the recipe is that not much effort is required to make these cupcakes. You only need to slice the apple with skin intact and mix them in with the batter. So here you are, this is the Italian Apple Cupcakes that I made yesterday. My verdict – the cake was excellent especially served warm! The cake was moist and soft and you can feel the crunch and tangy taste of the packed apple slices with every bite. It was not too sweet or rich and I’m sure that if you were to try it out you’ll be delighted with the delicious taste.
Italian Apple Cupcakes
- Ingredients: (makes 14)
- 180g Butter
- 150g Caster sugar
- 3 Eggs (about 70g each), lightly beaten
- 180g Plain flour (sifted)
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 Green apples, thinly sliced
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla extract till light and creamy at medium speed. Lower speed, add in eggs bit by bit till well mixed and add in sifted flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder.
- Off machine and use a rubber spatula to mix the flour well and dump in all the sliced apples, mix well.
- Scoop mixture into cups, bake at preheated oven at 170 degrees C for approximately 35 minutes.