Lemon Bavarois is a French/German dessert similar in taste between lemon custard and mousse texture. It’s made from egg yolks, milk, gelatin and whipped cream with a generous amount of lemon zest. This Lemon Bavarois is not overly sweet or very sour type but refreshing with a subtle of lemon flavour. Preparation is really easy, that can be done within 20 minutes minus the chilling time. It can be served in moulds or serving cups and chill in the refrigerator set for at least 4 hours. Enjoy!
If you’re new to my blog and would like to receive new post update and never miss a recipe, please subscribe with your email address at follow.it (the subscribe box is at the sidebar or click at the following >> Anncoo Journal below the recipe). ~~ Thank you!
- 4 egg yolks
- 60 g caster sugar
- 300 ml fresh milk
- 3 lemon zest - I used large lemons
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 10 g gelatin powder - plus 1.5 tbsp water
- 185 ml dairy whipping cream
- Soak gelatin powder with water and set aside. In a bowl blend egg yolks and sugar together until sugar dissolved, about a minute, stir well and set aside.
- Gentle boil fresh milk with lemon zest at low heat, keep stirring until bubbles start to appear at the side of the pot, off heat.
- Pour warm milk into egg yolk mixture, stir well and pour it back to the pot. At low heat, stirring egg yolk constantly till almost boil. Off heat and drop in soaked gelatin, stir mixture again until gelatin dissolved. Strain and leave to cool.
- Whisk whipping cream till soft peaks (runny stage) for about 30 seconds.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice into egg yolk mixture, stir well and fold in whipped cream.
- Pour lemon mixture into serving cups and refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until set. Enjoy!
- 4个 蛋黄
- 60克 细砂糖
- 3个 柠檬皮屑 （用大粒柠檬）
- 2-3 汤匙 柠檬汁
- 10克 鱼胶粉+1.5汤匙水 (吉利丁粉)
- 185毫升 植物性谈奶油
- 把温牛奶倒入蛋液中，边倒边搅至均匀，然后倒回锅中。开小火，不停的搅拌蛋液至开始微滚即便熄火。 放入浸泡好的鱼胶粉，搅拌均匀至鱼胶粉融化。过滤待凉。