This Lemon Coconut cake is fragrant and lemony. The lemon and coconut complement each other beautifully and the cake is moist and soft. Adding chia seeds will give the extra bite that will make you reach out for seconds. The recipe for this cake was actually adapted from my old post “Chocolate Orange Loaf Cake” but I’ve tweaked and adjusted recipe with dessicated coconut and lemon. So happy that this yummy cake came up perfect for our afternoon tea.
Lemon Coconut Cake
- 160 g unsalted butter softened
- 2 tbsp honey
- 70 g natural raw sugar or caster sugar
- 120 g cake flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 2 large eggs
- 35 ml lemon juice
- 3 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp organic black chia seeds optional
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees C and line your loaf pan (8 x 4½ inches) with parchment paper all sides up. Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Beat soft butter with honey and the sugar till smooth.
- Add one tablespoonful of the dry ingredients before beating in 1 egg. Then add another couple of spoonfuls of the dry ingredients before beating in the second egg. Carrying on beating in the remaining dry ingredients and dessicated coconut.
- Then add the lemon zest and gradually, the juice, mix well. Lastly add in chia seeds and mix well again.
- Pour and scrape into the prepared pan and bake for about 40 - 45 minutes or a skewer into the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool a little in the pan on a wire rack, then turn out with care and leave on the rack to cool.
- 160克 不含盐软牛油，
- 2汤匙 蜂蜜
- 70克 原蔗金砂糖或细砂糖
- 120克 底筋面粉
- ½茶匙 泡打粉
- 4汤匙 干椰丝
- 2个 大鸡蛋
- 35克 柠檬汁
- 2粒 柠檬皮屑
- 3汤匙 有机黑奇异籽 （可不放）
- 预热烤箱摄氏165度。长方形烤盘（8 x 4.5寸）铺上油纸。面粉及泡打粉先一起过筛到碗里备用。
- 然后加入柠檬皮屑和柠檬汁，搅匀。接着加入奇异籽翻拌均匀即可 。