These matcha cupcakes infused with matcha syrup are delicious and moist. The cuppies are soft and fluffy, yummy with matcha flavour and with some red bean paste filling. It’s a perfect match with a cup of matcha tea and wonderful to share with family and friends or to enjoy at any time of the day.
Matcha Cupcakes ~ perfect match with a cup of matcha tea
- 90 g soft butter
- 70 g caster sugar
- 85 g egg - slightly beaten
- 85 g cake flour/plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
Matcha syrup (this is optional)
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp matcha powder
- Sift cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and matcha powder into a bowl and set aside.
- With an electric handheld mixer, cream the butter and caster sugar till light and pale white. Add beaten egg in batches until well combined and sift in flours the second time.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold well the mixture until batter is completely smooth.
- Pour the half of the batter evenly into a muffin lined pan and add about 2 teaspoons red bean paste over it. Cover with remaining batter and smooth out the surface. Bake at preheated oven at 180 deg C for about 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Matcha syrup - Combine the sugar and water in a small pot and place over heat until sugar dissolved. Remove from heat and sieve in the matcha powder, stir well.
- When the cupcakes are done baking, and brush the matcha syrup on top of each cupcake while hot. Leave cakes to cool and serve.
- 90克 软牛油
- 90克 细砂糖
- 75克 鸡蛋 （打撒）
- 85克 低筋面粉或中筋面粉
- 1/2茶匙 泡打粉
- 1/4茶匙 苏打粉
- 1汤匙 抹茶粉
- 1汤匙 细砂糖
- 2汤匙 水
- 1/8茶匙 抹茶
- 抹茶糖浆 – 将糖和水放入小锅中煮至糖融化，熄火筛入抹茶搅至均匀即可。