These lychee snowskin mooncakes are healthy and slightly sweet with low sugar lychee lotus paste filling from Phoon Huat. The snowskin is made with glutinous flour, rice flour and wheat starch with oil. No crisco shortening or flavouring is used but very little sugar is added, therefore the dough skin isn’t sweet at all. This dough is very easy to make from scratch but you need to steam it for about 20 minutes and knead it till smooth while it is still warm. You’ll find the dough is soft and manageable, it doesn’t stick to the mould even without dusting the cooked glutinuous rice flour and you’re ready to wrap it with the filling.
Healthy Lychee Snowskin Mooncakes
Lychee Snowskin Mooncakes
- 165 g fresh milk
- 35 g icing sugar
- 30 g corn oil or any vegetable oil
- 40 g glutinuous rice flour
- 40 g rice flour
- 20 g wheat flour
- 325 g low sugar lychee lotus paste divide into 13 round balls 25g each
- 50 g glutinuous rice flour fry in dry pan at low heat for about 2 minutes and leave to cool
- Stir milk and oil well to combine. Pour milk mixture into flours, stir well to smooth.
- Grease steaming bowl with little oil and pass liquid mixture through a sieve.
- Steam under boiling water at high heat for about 15 minutes. Then roughy stir the transulcent cooked dough with a rubber spatula to release hot air.
- Transfer cooked dough to another bowl and cover with a cling wrap to rest for another 30 minutes. Then knead the warm dough till smooth (coat with little cooked glutinuous flour if the dough is sticky) **add a drop of colouring if prefer and knead dough well. Cool dough before wrapping in the filling.
- Divide dough into 13 round balls (22g each). Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough between to two plastic sheets and wrap in the filling. Gently press it into mould – unmould.
- Store in an airtight container to chill for 2-3 hours before consuming. note: the moonies will only stay soft up to 2 days.
- 165克 牛奶
- 35克 糖粉
- 30克 食油
- 40克 糯米粉
- 40克 粘米粉
- 20克 澄麵粉
- 325克 低糖荔枝莲蓉馅，分成12， 25克
- 50克 糯米粉 （糕粉 – 撒面用），底火干炒约2分钟，待凉
- 小月饼放入冰箱冷藏2-3小时即可享用 （可冷藏2天饮用）。