Peanut Butter Chocolate Crispy Rice Cake
4 Egg yolks
120g Optima Flour
60g HongKong flour or plain flour
1/4tsp Baking soda
60g Corn Oil
- In a large bowl, use hand whisk to mix all the ingredients together with 1 tsp vanilla flavour.
4 Egg whites
1/2tsp Cream of tartar
- Whisk up egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar till peak form.
- Use hand to fold the egg whites into the egg mixture, mix well.
- Pour batter into a 8″ square cake (lined) tin.
- Bake at pre-heated oven 160C for about 30-35 mins.
- Leave cake to cool and cut cake into two slices.
- Spread the peanut butter chocolate crispy rice on sponge cake follow by the 2nd piece of sponge cake.
Do you have any good sponge cake recipe that does not use Optima Flour? Please share with me. Thank you, Quyen
Thank you for visiting. So glad that you like my recipes.
I think you can use Softasilk cake flour for the sponge cake and there are instructions on the box on how to use this flour. Hope this help ;D
I live in the US and do not know where I can purchase Optima flour. I really like your recipes, but some used Optima flour. Please advise me on what I do to substitute this. Thanks a million, Quyen
Of course you can. I think maybe bake about 10-15mins for each layer.
hihi.. so when preparing the cake, can prepare both the layers together? but bake separately?
the cake looks soft & yummy!! i like crispy rice very much.. ^0^