Ingredients: ( for 1 piece 8 inches round cake tin and grease with oil)
- 150g Rice flour
- 1 tbsp Plain flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Chicken powder (No MSG added)
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 14oz/400ml Water
- 200g Diced pumpkin
- 50g Dried shrimps (soak for 10 mins and roughly chop)
- 150g Minced chicken (season with little pepper and salt)
- 4 nos Sliced Shallot
- dash of pepper
- Mix rice flour, plain flour, salt, chicken powder, sugar and water together and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Fry shallots and dried shrimps till fragrant with oil, add minced chicken fry till cooked then diced pumpkin with a dash of pepper, stir fry well for another 2-3 minutes.
- Lower heat, stir well the flour water mixture and pour onto the ingredients. Off heat immediately once the mixture get into thick paste and mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and press evenly. Steam at high heat for 30 minutes.
- Leave Pumpkin Kuih to cool, remove and garnish with cut spring onion, fried shallots and fresh chillies on top.
I’m submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #12: Traditional Kueh (October 2011) hosted by SSB of Small Small Baker.