The first time I cooked this baked rice, I followed HHB’s recipe (chicken and mushrooms) that my family enjoyed it very much and this time I just changed the ingredients to fish and prawns with fresh mushroom. I can see that XYB liked this dish very much and he suggested to me the next time, try with bacon, ham and sausage..what’s a good idea from a five year old kid!!
3 cups Uncooked rice
300g Fish without bone, slice about 2mm thick (marinate fish with some salt and pepper,add 2 tsp corn flour and 1/2 tbsp corn oil)
300g Prawn meat – cut big cubes
200g Fresh shitake mushrooms, sliced thickly and cut big cubes
some minced garlic
2 cup Whipping cream (I used greenfields brand)
1 can Pork rib broth (swanson brand)-remove oil from broth
1 tsp Salt (adjust according to taste)
some grated mozzarella cheese
some black pepper or white pepper
- Wash and cook rice with rice cooker.
- In a wok, add in some butter (about 1 tbsp) and fry garlic follow by the mushrooms continue to stir fry till the mushrooms become soft.
- Add in whipping cream, stir well and add the pork rib broth and bring to boil.
- Add in cooked rice, stir well and add in the prawn meat and fish, lightly mix. Add salt and pepper to taste, cook for a few mins until the sauce is almost fully absorbed by the rice.
- Place rice into a heatproof baking dish and sprinkle grated cheese on top of the rice.
- Bake at preheated oven at 200C for 20 mins.
- Serve immediately