Vegetarian Margarine Cakes 素食玛琪琳小蛋糕
These Vegetarian Margarine Cakes were made with Prima wholemeal superfine flour which was given to me by a FB friend some time ago. These cakes are healthy and not too sweet but the texture is quite crumbly, reason being that no eggs or butter are used. Bake them into small dainty sizes so that you can just pop them into your mouth conveniently. Great to serve with a cup of coffee or tea.
As this Prima wholemeal superfine flour is a new product and not available in the market yet, you can either replace it with ordinary wholemeal flour or use all 300g self-raising flour instead.
Vegetarian Margarine Cakes
Author: Ann Low
Serves: 45 pieces
- 250g Margarine
- 110g Caster sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Egg yolk colouring
- 150ml Fresh milk
- 200g Self-raising flour
- 100g Wholemeal flour or use all 300g self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp Natural yoghurt
- Beat margarine, sugar, vanilla extract and egg yolk colouring together till creamy.
- Combine self-raising flour and wholemeal flour together. Add flour ingredients and milk alternately into margarine mixture at low speed. Lastly add in natural yoghurt and mix well.
- Divide batter into 2 bowls. In bowl one add 3 tablespoons of chocolate paste and ½ tablespoon of coffee paste into one plain batter. Mix well.
- Add half mixture each into paper cup and gently stir with a chopstick and add some chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in preheated oven 170 deg C for about 25 minutes.
- 250克 玛琪琳
- 110克 细糖
- 1/2茶匙 Vanilla 香精
- 1/4茶匙 蛋黄色素
- 150毫升 牛奶
- 200克 自发面粉
- 100克 全麦面粉或用全部300克自发面粉
- 3汤匙 原味酸奶
A friend of mine is looking for a recipe like yours. I will share this recipe to her.
Love that you bake them in lovely mini size. They look cute.
they do look very dainty and nice!
I haven't baked goodies using margarine yet 😀 Those mini-cakes certainly look pretty yummy , great with tea or coffee !
I don't like to sweet sweets 😀 they really look very nice and delicious!
Hi Ann, Can I replace margarine with butter? If yes, is there any changes to the other ingredients in the recipe above. Thanks. ( Rini)
Hi Rini, yes you can use butter in this recipe and even add 2 eggs if you don't want the texture to be too crumbly.
They look so beautifully bright and delicious!
Ann, it's interesting that these cupcakes are made of superfine wholemeal flour. A lot healthier to consume compared to regular white flour. They sure look good and taste good too!
mini mini 的形状， cute cute 的。我要 booking 5个。嘻嘻嘻 ~
Sounds like a quick easy cake to whip up to satisfy craving…using magarine and yogurt must yield a gorgeous texture… Yum yum yum